Saturday, April 25, 2009

CREATURE IN THE HOUSE PART 2

So if you've been following our blog you know we had an episode with a "creature" in the house. Seems like the thing has struck again. This time in the kids' bathroom. Why do mice like bathrooms? Chad and I are sitting in the living room when he jumps up out of his chair and runs to the bathroom. I ask him, "Is it the mouse again?" He replies, "Watch the door I'm going to get the cat." I keep my eye on the opening under the door, but the mouse doesn't dare show his face. Chad comes into the house with the orange cat and enters the bathroom. He closes the door and puts towels on the floor in front of the door to barricade the mouse in. Evidently this orange cat is not much of a mouse chaser. The mouse runs back and forth in front of the cat and he just sits there. Chad opens the door a crack and tell me, "get the white cat." I go to the porch and get the mighty hunter. Don't you love how we don't name our cats? I bring the white cat back to the bathroom door and Chad opens it a crack and I throw the white cat into the bathroom. Those 3 are in the bathroom for quite awhile repeating the same ritual as 2 nights before. Chad can find nothing. The white cat is in the bathtub while the orange cat is just sitting on the floor. Chad figures the only place he hasn't looked is under the orange cat. He lifts it up and guess what runs out from under the cat. THE MOUSE!!! Stupid cat was sitting on the mouse. Well the mouse belines for the towels and gets out of the bathroom. He runs directly under the chair that I'm sitting in, of course. Chad runs out with white cat in tow and throws the cat at the mouse. The white cat chases the mouse over to the computer but the mouse escapes. We lift up the couch for the cat to look for the mouse but we never did see it again that night. Maybe we'll start having a house cat,the white one not the orange one. Check in later to see the latest adventure of "CREATURE IN THE HOUSE."

5 comments:

Jill Asay said...

What an adventure! I hope you guys get the darn thing!!

sariah said...

That is the funniest story! I can't believe the cat was sitting on it!

Jeffrey and Sariah said...

At least it isn't a pack rat!

Shane and Sandy said...

Oh man! i can totally see all of this to vividly i nmy mind!!! I am laughing out loud this is GREAT! i hope you get the darn thing!

Kimberly said...

Chad, be a man and kill the mouse yourself, then feed it to the cat! Good luck, Amy. Love your stories.
Cory