Wednesday, May 13, 2009

CREATURE IN THE HOUSE PART 3

It's at it again, running through the house stalking us. We've noticed this mouse is taking our Prophet's advice in getting a years supply of food. We began finding his food storage in our irrigating boots a couple of days ago. He had several different food groups stashed away. We set the mouse trap on the porch next to all of our boots. It didn't take long for it to be tripped. Seemed while I was in the kitchen doing dishes, Tessa found it and the trap found her fingers. I released her hand and reset it. The next morning sure enought the creature was captured. And guess what it was? A kangaroo rat!! Ya know the ones that kind of hop across the road at night. They have really long tails. Total Triumph is what we felt, but that was short lived. That night as Chad and I were in the bathroom brushing our teeth out ran another creature right under our bed. Dang it we've been invaded. So we went and got the trap and set it in our bathroom, but to no avail,the trap was still set today. We'll have to strategically place it in a different spot tonight and hopefully catch the kangaroo rats cousin. Wish us Luck!!

2 comments:

Shane and Sandy said...

Did you know...that kangaroo rats are protected in California!?! Imagine that! YUCK! Good luck and I hope you get the rest of them!!

Mary Mills said...

I have been keeping up on this story and I am glad to know that you caught one of them. I wish you all the luck I can muster up with the rest (hopefully only one)!