Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Garden Planting

Well it's that time of year again, time to plant the garden. With this brings a great big SIGH....such work. In the past we haven't had a lot of success with a garden. I know, one would think a farmer should be able to grow anything. Well I'm hoping this year is better. For starters I might be able to spend more time babying the garden as I won't be in the swather....as much. It's time to train Analeise to cut hay....but I'm sure I'll get a turn here and there. So far we have planted potatoes, corn, summer squash, buttercup squash, and zucchini. The kids actually helped Chad do most of it while I was taking care of Eli.




Eli, showing us the faintest of smiles. He smiles the best for his "twin" Dallin.



Enjoying the beautiful day


Whoose little ragamuffin is that??



We have the plowing and harrowing going on.








Dallin loves to operate anything with a motor and does quite well. He has taken over the lawn mowing as well, and I'm loving it.




Happy Harrowers




Analeise is cutting up the seed spuds. Open your eyes and you might be able to see a little better.





I love this pic. When I first put Eli in his seat, Paco came right over to check him out. We told Paco no and he just laid right down next to him. Seems as though he was protecting him.:)





Chad digging the holes for the spuds.









1 comment:

sariah said...

How is your garden going? We've had so much wind and cold that my tomatoes and squash don't look they have grown at all in a month!!