Wednesday, February 25, 2009

DOWN ON THE FARM

Thanks to Kyla for watching Tessa, she is an excellent babysitter, the rest of us headed outside to ear tag the calves and one cow. The kids love doing this but were scared of the mom cows. They don't like it when you mess with their babies, just like humans. Some of the calves were small and we able to just hold them but one was a little larger and we had to get him in the chute. We have 11 head and then KC has a few that run with ours. Chad loves the cows.



"Mom we caught him good."

Oh please help me, what are they doing to me????


Chad and Amy putting in the ear tag


He's soooo cute and cuddly and was just born yesterday. He's a big bull calf.



1 comment:

Halls Family said...

That reminds me of the "Park Rodeo" when you guys would brand. I was always so jealous that you had so much fun at your house with things like that. Remember when you had a huge hole in your driveway with a crane hanging over it. I remember swinging and jumping onto something (I think it was your septic tank-gross!) Who cares as long as we had fun.